Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2011 Milken Educator Forum: It's All About the People

I feel like I finally landed back home after being whisked away to a magical land for the weekend. I was honored to attend the 2011 Milken Educator Forum in California as a veteran Milken educator.

We stayed in the luxurious Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The view was breathtaking. I could handle waking up every morning to that! It was invigorating. And the food-  MUY DELICIOSO!  
Despite all of this, nothing compares to the best part of the entire conference- the people. I was surrounded by remarkable individuals: genuine people who truly care about kids, people who take risks and go above and beyond every day, committed people who make a difference, people who want to learn and grow, people who live the meaning of collaboration, people who inspire and encourage, people who prove that there is a great deal that is right about education…


It was wonderful seeing the 2010 Milken educators receive their awards. And yes, there were many touching moments that brought tears to my eyes. The presenters were incredible “ambassadors for excellence”.  The energy and enthusiasm was electric. Two outstanding speakers included football legend and former presidential bodyguard Rosey Grier and Principal Baruti Kafele. To think of the impact that these educators are making around the world leaves me speechless.  
To learn more about the Milken Family Foundation and their numerous initiatives including the Milken Educator Awards, visit http://www.mff.org/.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a truly inspiring and remarkable experience! I am sure I would have enjoyed listening to such "electric" personalities! I'm so glad you were able to go! Can you share more about your presentation?

    ReplyDelete